Set Default Font style and Size of Email in Dynamics 365 Sales
Inkey, February 23, 2022 6169 Views
In this blog we will see how we can set default font style and font size for the Email records in Dynamics 365 Sales.
To achieve this, we need to follow the steps below:
- Create a new web resource
- Bind the new Web resource to the required email form where the changes need to be seen.
Create a new Web Resource:
- Navigate to Advanced Settings -> Customizations -> Customize the System
- Under Web Resources search “EmailRTEConfig”.
- There may be more than one Web Resource with the above file name. One is the default I.e., Out of Box file that cannot be modified. The other can be used as a reference and we will use that to create a new Web Resource.
- Select the Web Resource that has Customizable “True”
- Under General Tab in the Content section, click on Text Editor.
- Copy the code from the Source Tab.
- Create new Web Resource and paste the code that we have copied from the step above.
- Apply changes as required and remove the additional code in which you haven’t made any changes. In our case, we will only have the code below which will set default font as “Arial” and font size as “10”. Example code is below the image.
- After applying the changes click Save and publish. Save the URL of the new Web Resource because we will use that to map with our Email form
Bind the new Web Resource to the Email Form:
- Under Email Entity, select the form on which you need to set the default font style and size. In our case we have selected “Email” form.
- Double click on the Description field and under Controls Tab select “Rich Text Editor Control”. Select “Custom configuration URL” property and paste the URL that we have copied from Step 1 to “Bind to a static value”.
- Save and publish the form.
In CRM you can see the results, whenever you open the Email form and when you click on the Description field, default selected font will be “Arial” and size will be “10”.
Hope this helps!
ATM Inspection PowerApp to ease ATM inspection and report generation process.
Insert data into Many-to-Many relationship in Dynamics CRM very easily & quickly, using the Drag and drop listbox.
Comply your Lead, Contact, and User entities of D365 CRM with GDPR compliance using the GDPR add-on.
Create a personal / system view in Dynamics CRM with all the fields on the form/s which you select for a particular entity using the View Creator.
What a classic article! I really impressed by your article. I will try to use all of these tips in my upcoming projects and plans.
Thanks for finally sharing and researching this article.
Glad we could help.